Saturday, April 10, 2010

Section of final model


Here is a more developed SketchUp model of my final design.
Above the datum, the studio and gallery space ('deconstruction') have been combined into an open structure that flares out towards the sky. The combination of open, transparent panels and structural pillars give the feeling of 'deconstruction' because the structure is very open, obvious and minimal. It is almost as if the clear panels have been cut out of the building, suggesting that it is in a state of deconstruction. These transparent spaces also allow the gallery-goer to look out onto the terrain and view the sculptures.

By contrast, the below-ground space ('confronting') is full of nooks and crannies that confuse and, ideally, confront the user of the space. The floor isn't completely level (hard to see in this cross section), adding to this feeling.

I'm much happier with this model than with my other ones. I feel that it's more developed, and that I have linked the model with my chosen words better.

No comments:

Post a Comment